The MEC 1A is an all-tube mono recording channel, combining the classicTUBE-TECH designs: MP 1A mic preamp, EQ 1A active three band EQ and CL 2A compressor in one powerful, 2U recording package.
The MEC 1A is all tube based except for the power supply. Input and Output have fully floating transformers. All DC voltages are stabilized, except the anode voltage for the output stage.It delivers true TUBE-TECH sound: Full and warm, yet open and transparent.
MEC 1A is a compact and cost effective solution if you need a superior front end that will deliver top quality recordings, no matter what source you are working with.
- * Gain: +20 to +70 dB (DI:10-60 dB)
- * Input impedance: > 1.2 kΩ
- * +48V phantom power, phase reverse, -20 dB pad, low cut
- * DI input impedance > 1 MΩ
- * Active, tube based equalizer
- * Three bands
- * 6 low shelving frequencies
- * 6 high shelving frequencies
- * Bell-type Mid with 12 selectable frequencies & variable Q
- * Low distortion optical gain reduction element
- * Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- * Variable attack and release
- * VU meter shows output or compression
- * Linkable for stereo applications